Tuesday October 1st, 2019
One of the top concerts to end the 2019 summer season was the Canadian Country Music Association https://www.ccma.org winning duo Dean Brody www.deanbrody.com and Dallas Smith https://www.dallassmithmusic.com tour Friends Don’t Let Friends Tour Alone . The music showcase made a stop at Toronto’s Budweiser Stage www.canadianamphitheatre.net (Saturday September 21st, 2019) where the audience were treaded to performances by some of the best Canadian artists to represent Country music. The line up included the sensational brother sister duo The Reklawswww.thereklaws.com , BC native and former hockey player now Country music star Chad Brownlee chadbrownlee.com , Broken Bow Records recording artist Jimmie Allen https://twitter.com/JimmieAllen (not Canadian but from Milton, Sussex County, Delaware, United States) and one of the nations brightest stars MacKenzie Porter https://mackenzieporter.com (who performed duets w both Dean & Dallas ).
1) What was it like for you to return to the Budweiser Stage? The last time I do believe was 2017 or 18 with Tim Hicks and Dallas Smith was a surprise guest.
It was awesome. We’ve done it three years in a row now but this was by far the most memorable and exciting. The crowd was electric!
2) How did this amazing collaboration of you and Dallas Smith come together?
We share the same friend and booking agent Nick Meinema. So one day over at his house he’s like, how would you feel doing a show together, like integrating into each other’s sets. I talked with Dallas privately and we were both like ya, this could be a lotof fun. And it is. Both of our camps couldn’t be more in love with each other It’s hilarious! But so important, that not just Dallas and I have synergy but that our bands and crews do too.
3) The show was standing room only (great weather) what was it like to see two BC boys bringing this kind of massive crowd together in a city (Toronto) that’s slowly getting how good Country music is?
It was a proud moment for both of us. Surreal. My first show in Toronto, years ago, drew like 15 people. So it’s so rewarding to see the transformation of country in Toronto, a place known for largely urban music.
4) As much as I love seeing you two perform I was over the moon to see the Reklaws perform. How did that come together to get them to be part of this celebration?
Stu and Jenna are the sweetest people. We were excited to bring them on board. Their energy and singing and overall vibe onstage is infectious. It was a no brainer really
5) Any chance you both will collaborate in a single? [with Dallas]
Oh ya. I’ve got to corner Dallas on that one but I’m hopeful we can do another collaboration down the road.
6) Will you continue to co-headline tours with other Canadian Country Artists? If so who and any chance the next one will be a Female Star?
I’d like to. It makes for a special camaraderie when we travel And make music with friends. And tough choice of who to pick for a female star! There are so many talented women out there who are also good friends of mine so it would be difficult to choose.